Yahoo! Avatars


Thursday, June 24, 2010

Thing #8

Wikis are so cool. These are probably my favorite web 2.0 tool. I already have a wiki at school for use by my teachers. This is where they sign up for the library, tell me about books they want ordered, keep track of Bluebonnet and Mockingbird reading, etc. I see many wikis in my future. I would like classes to create wikis for their research. I envision the students creating the wiki with my help and then adding in all the content that they are learning in their research. It would be cool for another class from the same grade level to read and add to the wiki.

I love how the kindergarten wiki was used just as a product. The students used the wiki the same way they would have used a power point presentation or a paper book, but instead they got the knowledge of a wiki. I commend their teacher for venturing into wikis with such young learners!

The wiki dealing with using technology in the classroom had good information but took forever to load. I think because there were so many items to load on the page that it took longer to load. I found myself impatient! When it finally loaded, I was in a bit of sensory overload. There was so much to look at (almost too much I think) it was hard for me to find the content of the page. The information was good, but I probably will not visit that wiki again.

The code blue wiki was neat. I like how it was kind of just a list of really good resources about the body on the home page. The students work was linked to view. The diagnosis assignment they did was really meaningful and relevant. I loved it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear that you like wikis because it is probably the one thing that I was hesitant to use.

    ReplyDelete