Yahoo! Avatars


Sunday, July 18, 2010

Thing #19

Voicethread is something I have never heard of until today. I am shocked that it is not more popular! I immediately thought of using a voicethread for a book club. It would be cool to upload a picture of the book cover and have students comment at the end of each chapter or at the end of the book.

I also love the idea that one of the educators had in the voice thread about
100 ways to use voicethread in education. Using a voicethread to start a story and then have each student add on. The teacher could assign a group of students a story part. Groups could have character development, setting, climax, resolution, etc. They would have to add on to the previous groups part but with their specific part to tell.

I have never taught kinder but have a 4 year old of my own. I know he needs to know rhyming words for kindergarten so I randomly had the thought of posting a word like cat and the kinder students could comment with rhyming words like hat, mat, etc.

2 comments:

  1. You have great ideas for using voicethread with classes. I would be interested to see if your book club idea works well. I'm sure the kids would like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! I hope you are able to use it this year with a book club or even to promote Bluebonnet books or any other read aloud that you are doing.

    ReplyDelete