Yahoo! Avatars


Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Thing #20

My Google Document

Check out what I created to sell my house!

I have never used Google docs...always heard of it and seen it, but never created anything using Google docs. Well I have been missing out!!!!! I wish I had known about this before I spent $100 to buy Microsoft XP for my computer.

This is the best discovery for me and my population at my school. Most of the families at my school are economically disadvantaged. If they have a computer at home they might not have an Office package. This is perfect for students to use for school assignments because it is free:)

Google docs is perfect for collaborative assignments. Students could write a report or story together using the document application and not even be in the same classroom. It would be so cool to partner students from separate classes together to write a report or story together. Seeing things from others perspectives is always so eye-opening! They could build a story together by adding on to the previous work completed by the other student!

Better yet, what about pairing up students from different schools? Cities? States? Countries? Students could create presentations together. How cool would it be for students learning about different cultures to have a partner from the culture they are studying. Each student could create similar slides about their own cultures and merge them together into one slide show presentation. I'm getting excited just thinking about the possibilities!

The spreadsheets feature could be used for keeping track of data within a science project. Students doing the same project could record data into the spreadsheet and compare their findings with other students doing the same thing.

1 comment:

  1. Google Docs is by far my FAVORITE 'thing". I think, district wide, we will see more use of this great tool.

    ReplyDelete