Yahoo! Avatars


Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Thing #21

I loved playing around with all the google apps! My husband's favorite was Sketchup. He used to build houses so he had a blast making 3D models of all kinds of buildings!

I love, love, love Google calendar! I am going to start using it for my own personal calendar. I try to be a very organized person, but sometimes I forget my paper calendar at home. This will be a great tool for me so I can access my calendar from my laptop or any computer! I think I'm going to try to use it for my library sign up schedule as well. I still need to play with it and figure out the ins and outs. I'm not sure if others can edit my calendar or not, so we will see what happens!

Um, ok...how come none of the librarians told me about Google book reader? That is the coolest thing ever! What a cool way to get a glimpse of a book to decide whether or not you want to buy it! I played on this forever!!!!! I read tons of books, well as far as it would let me read anyways. I would like to use this with my older students to get them into other genres of books. I think because it is online and they can read parts of books, not the whole thing, they will like it. They could use it when they are not in the library to start choosing books.

This is also a neat collection development tool. I can preview books to decide which ones I want to buy for the library.

2 comments:

  1. I just fixed all the secondary libraries to use a Google calendar for scheduling for next year. Check this out:

    http://sites.google.com/a/mesquiteisd.org/agnew-library-schedule/?AuthEventSource=SSO


    You will need to login to Google MISD, but we think it's going to work well. Let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were keeping the Google reader a secret from you - NO NOT REALLY - just so much to remember.

    ReplyDelete